Wednesday, June 23, 2010

post op day 2

Brennan is doing pretty good. He got extubated early this morning around 5:15 and has had to have a little bit of oxygen in his nose. He was trying to roll on his tummy all night last night and all day today so he has been getting a little frustrated. He also has had a fever all day until now. It is going down and we hope it keeps going down. He finally gave up around 8 tonight on rolling over and just decided to stay content on his back, I believe that is why his fever is going down. Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for him. It seems like he is a different little boy just laying there and not smiling or laughing like he usually does. We are very pleased with how well he has done so far and hope he continues to get better.

5 comments:

carolyn q said...

I am praying that recovery continues to go well and that fever goes down.
It's amazing how big he looks and how much he has grown since his last surgery. Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys.

Keeping your family in my prayers.
(HUGS)

Annie said...

Glad to hear he is doing well! When I looked at your blog, I thought you looked familiar too from the waiting room too! :) We were in room 7 but are now in 3 for at least today and tomorrow and then they said we will probably get moved to the floor. So maybe we will run into each some time! :)
-Annie

Annie said...

Glad to hear he is doing well! When I looked at your blog, I thought you looked familiar too from the waiting room too! :) We were in room 7 but are now in 3 for at least today and tomorrow and then they said we will probably get moved to the floor. So maybe we will run into each some time! :)
-Annie

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the updates! i'm glad to hear he's doing well. We hope he continues to heal quickly so you guys can come home!

Little Bear and Peanut said...

Poor little guy. I hope his fever goes away and he can be comfortable on his back. Don't let the lack of smile scare you, I hated that part to, I missed her smile so much post surgery! But he will get better and before you know it he will smile again. Prayers still coming your way!