Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First post op surgery update







Today has been a very long day. We are so glad that the surgery is over and now we just have to focus on getting Brennan better and home. He is doing so good right now but things can change very fast so we try not to get to excited. They are hoping to be able to take out the tube in his throat sometime tonight or tommorrow morning. He keeps trying to pull it out and you can see he is trying to cry cause tears come out but he can't make any noise. I believe the worst part about being a mother is watching your child in pain and you can't do anything to help them. We had to crab his hands once and he was so close to ripping it out. I just want to thank everyone that has prayed for him and thought about him we really appreciate all of the gifts and prayers. We truly have to best friends, neighbors and family, thank you all. We had some family come visit him tonight and that has made it so much easier on me. Thank you everyone and keep praying for him. He is such a strong little boy and I know he will do very good at obeying me when i tell him we want to go home and get him better so we can play outside and enjoy summer.

16 comments:

Ashley said...

he is a trooper! let me know if you guys need anything, I'm off almost all day tomorrow if you want me to take zoe!!!

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

He's such a cute little guy. It is hard seeing him like that. We are thinking of you guys. Laney's prayer last night said "Help Brennan's heart, so he can breathe better". :)

Let us know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Ugh, it breaks my heart for the little guy!
We have a gift for him which I'll probably drop by to your moms since she'll probably see you sooner than me.
Hope you are hanging in there.
Give your little man kisses for me! :)

Sydney, Cali & Brynne said...

Praying for all of you! You're a strong little fammily!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Nathan HATED the breathing tubes too. The drs tied his hands down to the crib so he wouldn't mess with anything.

Did the surgeon give you the patch for the VSD? How was the pulmonary valve cut and widened?

He looks really good. I bet that you guys feel such a sigh of relief that its over for a while!

You'll be amazed at how quickly he will recover. We'll keep praying for that little guy!

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

That is so good to hear that everything went well. Thanks for the updates I have been thinking and praying a lot for you and him.

Jenny Bebel said...

I am glad the surgery went well. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Happy to hear everything went well. I will keep you in our prayers and good luck with everything.

judd and ash said...

hey guys,
it's ashlie from bliss photography & boutique
{cooper's mommy}
i just wanted to let you know that i have been thinking about you and your sweet little guy ever since we met on saturday and you guys have been in my prayers. he looks great and you will be surprised at how fast he will recover. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if you just need to chat about heart stuff i would love to listen, i hope things continue to go smoothly so you can come home soon:)
xoxo,

ashlie bundy
www.juddandash.blogspot.com
www.thehopefulhearts.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Our little boys had surgery on the same day! Our little Conner had his TOF repair and is doing well. :) Looks like Brennan is doing good too! Yay! (I met Amy today, Annie's mom, whose blog I have been following, and she mentioned your son had his surgery the same day)Hope he continues to recover well and quickly!
-Annie

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

We are always thinking about you guys and your sweet little Brennan! You guys are so strong! Your so inspiring!!!!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

what a brave little man..and mom and dad! I can't even imagine how hard that is for you guys..but hang in there! We will be praying for you :)

Lyndsay Budge said...

My heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to watch your child struggle and I know it sucks. I hope he recovers quickly!

Little Bear and Peanut said...

He looks good! It is so hard to see them when they come out. I cried when I saw Emma. But really they get better so fast and by the time you are home they have healed most of the way. Did they have to cut the pulminary valve? You are in my prayers!

Phillip,Sarah and Weston Oberg said...

Im so so glad he's doing great! you guys are in our prayers!!! hope to see you all soon!