Monday, November 16, 2009

Recovery Begins


Brennan is recovering well in the PICU. He's comfortable lying here with all sorts of tubes in him. They're planning on extubating him tomorrow morning. I wish I could have posted a better picture but we left the camera cable at home so it's just from Janalee's cell phone.

We are thankful for the excellent job the staff here at Primary's has done. Brennan still has a long road ahead of him, including a bigger surgery, but things have gone as good as possible so far. We are thankful for Brennan. He's amazing. He's been through more in 6 weeks than I've been through my entire life. He's strengthened our family and increased my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. He's allowed me to change my perspective on a lot of things. He's made me realize how we take good health for granted. He's made me a better person.

6 comments:

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

This breaks my heart. He is so cute and I am glad everything went well.

carolyn q said...

It's so hard to see them all hooked up like that, but before long he will be back in your arms.
Praying for no bumps in the road and I am glad to read that so far, so good.
(HUGS)

Carolyn said...

What a sad picture, but it's great to hear that he is doing so well so far! We are keeping you guys in our prayers, what an amazing little guy.

Russ and Jamie said...

what a trooper! he is a strong little guy. we are always praying for you guys and Brennen. We love you! (Zoe is still asleep!)
Jamie

Stepper the Mighty said...

Oh my goodness, LOOK at him! What a little angel! He's beautiful, you guys.

And I agree - what a little trooper.

Chablis said...

Dang Randall! You just made me cry!