Saturday, April 24, 2010

IHH Luncheon!



Today I had the opportunity to go to a heart moms appreciation lunch. It was at Gardner Village at the Gathering Place. I met a lot of amazing women who all have children with heart defects. They had Paul Cardalls mother come speak to us about Pauls journey and then Paul played some of his music and then they did prizes. I am so grateful to these women. They give me hope and I don't feel alone when I am with them. We are all going through similar trials and it just makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one and I have someone to talk to about it. This event could not have come at a better time in my life. The past couple days I have been thinking more and more about Brennans next surgery which will be his big repair. I am realizing that it is coming up soon and I have been very nervous but after talking to these women I feel much better about it. I have met some great friends and hope to become better friends with all of them. I just want to thank Carolyn Quigley for everything, she is amazing!

3 comments:

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

You are the cutest one there!

Judy Adams said...

What a wonderful experience! We love you and we are with you.

carolyn q said...

Seriously, I am not any more amazing then the rest of you, as you all give me the inspiration to keep it going.

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time, which helps me know the event was a success.

I have some pictures on my blog that have you in them.

Thanks again for attending and your very nice comments. I am not deserving.
(HUGS)