Monday, September 14, 2009

Intermountain Healing Hearts Walk!





On Saturday we had the opportunity to go do the Intermountain Healing Hearts fun run/walk. It was amazing how many people came to this. We walked one mile and then they got a big group picture. They did an angel ceremony where the families that have had a loved one die went and let a butterfly go. It was so good for us to be there and know that we are not the only ones going through this. I met a little girl there that has the same thing Brennan does and she is doing great. She had her surgery and was only in the hospital for ten days. I was so glad to hear that. We will for sure be doing this again next year and I hope we can get a big group to come out and support Brennan.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

That looks like a great walk! It is always nice to have a great support group. And cute birthday pictures!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

We're glad to have you as part of the group (though I wouldn't wish a heart defect on anyone). My little boy, Nathan, has ToF which I think is pretty close to what Brennan has.

You have an adorable family! Good luck with the delivery. If you have any questions you can email me at ellingerfamily@gmail.com

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Hey next year, I go with you. If you can send me your phone number, please.

Unknown said...

Shoot. I feel bad I missed this. I'm so glad it was a good experience for you. It always helped me to hear the success stories of others that were going through the same thing. Glad you got to do this!

Jenny Bebel said...

You looks so good! Wish we could have been there to participate. Let us know if there is anything we can do. We are keeping you guy in our prayers.

carolyn q said...

I had been looking forward to getting to meet you at the walk, and with all that was going on. . we never got to connect. I am so sorry because I really wanted to talke with you.
I am glad that you enjoyed the walk and got to meet so many others that understand.
(HUGS)
Carolyn Quigley
President, IHH

The Johnson's said...

Those things are always nice to go to and see that you are not alone in your adventure. Maybe next year we will try and make it.

Cottam Family said...

Jan you are such a cute pregnant woman! You lucky duck. I just swell up like a huge balloon to the point you don't even recognize who I am! Ha Ha! In all seriousness I think that walk/run sounded awesome! I pray for you two everyday! Love ya.

The Hunt Family said...

We will be there next year for sure. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to this one.

Chablis said...

It seems likek a really neat orginization. I'm glad you had a good experience and that you have met some people who can encourage you!

xoxo